Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to recognize because of how slowly hearing loss typically progresses. Even though children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you keep track of the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can reveal potential hearing issues. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to crank up the TV volume? Do noisy settings make conversations challenging? If you said “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing test.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing test every 10 years and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations provide a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, allowing you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, like earwax buildup, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be detected early on by regular hearing tests, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions may improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Remaining alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us today.